One thing that was prevalent on the runways of fall fashion weeks was fur. Now, before anyone gets all angry and outraged with me about the use of fur and the murder of animals, I will be discussing wearing faux fur for several reasons.
1. Real fur is very expensive. I do not want to encourage you guys to wear a trend that’s going to kill your shopping budget for the month or year. However, you can find faux fur items for very reasonable prices.
2. Real fur doesn’t offer as many options. Because real fur can be expensive and challenging to produce, you may not find a lot of accessories readily available. It could be tough to find a pair of cool fur earrings that are made of real fur.
3. Real fur is controversial. When people wear fur, it makes other people feel like they can approach you and share their thoughts on the fur industry-good or bad. While this may not happen every time, wearing real fur opens you up to this often political discussion and debate and there’s just no need to go through all of that when faux fur is readily available.
So now that I’ve discussed why I am not talking about real fur, here are some ways to incorporate fur into your fall wardrobe.
1. Accessories. I’ve seen fur shoes, purses, scarves and hats but I’m sure there are other accessories out there with fur on them. Accessories are a great way to indulge the fur trend in small doses. You can put on a fur hat and not be overwhelmed by fur.
2. Jackets and vests. A cute fur jacket or vest can be a nice addition to a basic outfit. Plus, you can find some cute faux fur jackets at really reasonable prices in stores like Rainbow, Dots or Walmart. You may not find them right now but if you’re on the look out, some will probably be in stores in the next month or so.
As you can see, fur can be a fun trend to enjoy as long as you do it with confidence. Because fur stands out, you have to make sure you’re wearing the piece and not letting it wear you.